I don’t know about you, but as a kid and even as an adult, I still gush over the bite-sized masterpieces they call chicken nuggets. With this recipe, you will be able to make the most crispy and satisfying baked nuggets in only a matter of minutes.
What is this dish
This meal consists of boneless chicken pieces, cut into 1-inch cubes, then dipped in an egg mixture and baked breadcrumbs, fully coating each piece of meat, then add your spices and bake to a golden crisp.
- The largest chicken nugget weighed 51.1 pounds and was 5.25 feet long and 2 feet wide.
- It was said that Usain Bolt once ate and approximately 1000 chicken nuggets before winning 3 Olympic gold medals, because he was not able to get used to Chinese food.
This small fried dish that made a large splash in the fast-food industry was created by Robert C. Baker and his student in the united states in the 1950s. That is correct, it was not our beloved clown-decked fast food restaurant.
What occasions are they served?
Chicken nuggets have always dominated the party scene when it comes to small family get-togethers and they have made the perfect meal to help your young children make new friends at school. After all, a full belly with their favorite snack is sure to keep them happy!
Best served with?
Chicken nuggets are a wonderful treat for kids, they can be served with many other snacks and side dishes such as nacho chips with cheese, a salad, with various pieces of bread and biscuits. They are especially delicious with a nice vanilla shake.
The science behind
Cayenne pepper: This pepper is used daily (mostly in Mexican food) to flavor robust spicy sauces, meat marinades, and traditional dishes like enchiladas.
Salt: Salt enhances and brings out the flavors of all the ingredients in the dish, making it even tastier.
Method of baking
The method of baking this dish is simple. Dice chicken into tiny pieces and set aside. Bake breadcrumbs, stir, and baked again until golden brown. Mix spices together in a separate bowl then add baked breadcrumbs to it. In another bowl, mix milk and eggs, then dip chicken cubes into the egg mixture. Remove them from egg mixture then dip and coat in breadcrumb mixture, place on a wire rack, and bake for 15 minutes.
Why you should make this
Nuggets are a great source of protein that kids and adults alike, will enjoy and get energy from. It is quick and simple to understand the recipe, you can easily be thought of as a pro chief just by making this dish.
List of key terms in the recipe
Preheat- I know this is pretty simple to experienced cooks, however, for those who don’t know, here you go. Preheating is a simple but important step in baking, food cooks faster and better in a preheated oven. Preheat your oven at least 10 to 15 minutes before using it.
Q)What if I don’t have any almond milk available?
A)You can use the milk of your choice in an equal amount.
Q)What if I don’t have a wire metal rack?
A) You can use a spare baking rack (ensure it is oven safe)
If your goal is to make your child happy going and coming from school, then start up your oven and get your apron ready! Bake these mouth-watering morsels and your child will be grinning from ear to ear.
- Nonstick olive cooking spray
- 2 tbsp almond milk ( or substitute)
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken (diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 204°C.
- On a large baking sheet spread breadcrumbs (Panko), evenly, and spray with olive oil cooking spray and bake for 2 minutes, stir and bake for another 2-3minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Whisk together cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, and onion powder in a bowl and add breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix eggs and almond milk and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with an oven-safe metal wire rack and spray with nonstick cooking spray
- Dip 1-inch cubes of chicken in egg mixture then using a tong, using a separate tong, dip once more into the breadcrumb mixture (toss to fully coat). then transfer to metal wire rack 1-inch apart.
- Thoroughly coat the tops of the chicken nuggets with nonstick spray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes (15 if properly preheated), until cooked through and reaches temperatures of 165°F. you can check with a meat thermometer.